SkyeConnect – Who we are and what we do
SkyeConnect works on behalf of the community of Skye and its neighbouring areas to promote and develop a vibrant and sustainble tourism industry for the benefit of residents and visitors alike. Our funding comes from a mix of public sector grants, membership fees and private sector sponsorship and in the long term we will be increasingly reliant on membership and private sponsorship.
Our vision is of a quality place where people live, work and visit year-round and enjoy a lifestyle rooted in the land, sea, culture, food and people.
Tha an lèirsinn againn de àite càileachd far am bi daoine a 'fuireach, ag obair agus a' tadhal fad na bliadhna agus a 'faighinn tlachd à dòigh-beatha a tha air a freumhachadh anns an fhearann, a' mhuir, a 'chultair, a' bhidhe agus daoine.
As the official Destination Management Organisation for Skye our roles are:
- Communication and information sharing
- Managing and developing the visitor experience
- Developing and delivering a strategy for infrastructure
- Building and managing partnerships and networks
- We believe that there is a need for the sustainable management of natural, historical and cultural assets as it is principally this that attracts visitors to the area
- We believe that a sustainable tourism economy should provide inclusive benefits that are responsive to the requirements of visitors and residents
- We seek to develop a marketing strategy that encourages visitor dispersal around the area and that spreads visits throughout the year rather than focussing on increasing numbers
- As the official DMO we will help local businesses, community groups, public agencies and others to work together for the benefit of all
- Networking events at discounted rates
- ‘Invitation Only’ events for Corporate Sponsors
- Access to a library of images
- Access to quality business information and networking opportunities
- Benefit from a PR, Advocacy and Social Media presence and campaigns on behalf of industry on Skye
- Access to marketing and corporate sponsorship opportunities
- Members only area on website
- Opportunity to participate in Journalist visits and contribute to blogger websites
- Complimentary STA membership and access to member information at the Association of Scotland’s Self-Caterers
- Representation on SkyeConnect stand at Visit Scotland Expo travel trade fair
Supported by Highlands & Islands Enterprise, Visit Scotland, the Highland Council, Business Gateway, HITRANS and member of the Scottish Tourism Alliance and associate members of the Association of Scotland's Self-Caterers