SkyeConnect – Who we are and what we do
Our Mission for our Members:
“SkyeConnect is here to listen to, understand, and collaborate with businesses & communities, of any size, who are directly or indirectly involved in supplying services to the tourism industry on Skye and Raasay.
We aim to help businesses solve challenges and overcome barriers to commercial development & growth.”
- SkyeConnect take members' concerns to the government, lobby for change and look to resolve wider industry problems affecting businesses and our local communities;
- With our links to leading Scottish and UK organisations across all business sectors, SkyeConnect can influence key government policy decisions, so that any changes in policy truly reflect the demands of our members;
- At SkyeConnect we recognise that without our cross-industry sector partners, Skye’s tourism industry could not provide such a high quality and unique experience to our visitors. We welcome, as members, all businesses with both direct - visitor facing - and indirect - visitor influencing - links to the tourism industry.
Key benefits of membership:
- Our members have access to frequent networking events offering business development, learning & problem-solving opportunities intended to have both individual business and universal industry impact
- We arrange training sessions for members that are both adaptable to and in tune with present market conditions and economic forces. The training we organise aims to drive forward the economy of Skye by keeping members at the forefront of industry developments;
- Improve your business’s visibility through features and advertisements in our member's directory and newsletter. This monthly offering aims to keep you informed and up to date on local business issues and is an especially useful tool for new and small businesses on the island;
- Tourism businesses will receive complimentary membership of the Scottish Tourism Alliance, the leading representative body of Scotland's tourism industry;
- Self-catering businesses will gain access to member information and advice from the Association of Scotland's Self-Caterers;
- Your tourism business will be at the heart of Scottish Tourism. SkyeConnect actively recommends and market members’ businesses on the SkyeConnect stand at VisitScotland Expo, Scotland's flagship annual event for the travel trade and the only travel trade fair in the UK that exclusively promotes Scotland.